Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Coffee Connections and a Couple of Walks

This morning I met my friend, Patty, for coffee.  
I was the first to arrive, so while I waited, I crocheted.
It's amazing how many connections I make with these simple little hearts.  As a young lady was leaving, she stopped to ask me what I was doing.  She said her mom crochets but she doesn't.  I explained to her why I make the hearts.  She loved the idea and thought it was great that I keep myself busy while waiting.  Of course, I gave her a heart and she was most appreciative.
It's those kind of random encounters that let you know you are doing something right.
As you can see, the weather was glorious once again, so I am making the most of these days while they are here.
This gaggle of geese who live at the marina were having a mighty fine time showering in the sprinkler system.
I managed two afternoon walks.  The first around the neighborhood.  And the second to the Boulevard where there was a free seedling distribution.
Young children were given geraniums rather than seedlings.
This boy seemed extremely proud of his potted gift as he walked by with a big smile on his face.
It was 5 p.m. when I headed back home.  From the pedestrian bridge, I saw traffic backed up, and there was a whole lot of honking going on.
Needless to say, I was very happy to be walking.

Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday!




15 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Paying it forward is always a good thing; bless you, Tammy.

Betsy said...

I absolutely love the story of the hearts and crochet in the coffee shop. You have a wonderful heart my friend. So glad that your weather is good and you can get out and walk. I'm looking forward to that someday too! Four more inches of snow predicted today. I love your sunshiny pictures my friend. They keep me going!
Blessings,
Betsy

Teresa Kasner said...

Good for you to enjoy the glorious weather while it's there. I know it will get pretty hot there soon.. what kind of flowers did you bring home? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

September Violets said...

Lots of nice shots. I like the one of the seedlings overlooking the backed up traffic. No one honks their horn on the highways here.
Wendy

admirartem said...

So nice going through your beautiful city pictures, Tammy! The crochet hearts are really cute. Do you have a project in mind for them? All the best!

Lorrie said...

A lovely day recorded. I think the fact that you posed your plants on the bridge ledge and took a photo is absolutely whimsical and wonderful!

Wanda said...

I so enjoyed your post. What a lovely walk and your friendly encounter. I call those divine appointments.

Linda said...

This is so sweet.
I'm not feeling very sweet as of late. Everything is getting to me.

Jodiebodie said...

Hi Tammy,

It's the little gestures like yours with the hearts that make a difference to people on an individual level. When individuals are feeling valued and good about themselves, they are in a better position to look beyond their own needs and help others. I am believe that these random acts of kindness that we all can do, are important contributions towards a better world and happier lives for all.

A perfect embodiment of the quote at the end of your blog. I love it.
I hope you are well and enjoy greening your piece of the world with your seedlings.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

You're so generous and it's wonderful that your sweet gestures get appreciated, Tammy. I'm happy for you that the weather is still pleasant and you're able to go for a walk. The geese seem to enjoy their shower. How cute!
Have a lovely day!
xo Julia

crafty cat corner said...

I keep meaning to get the yarn out and start taking a leaf out of your book and make these hearts, I think its such a wonderful idea. Love that yarn.
Briony
x

She loves to crochet said...

I love the way you spread your crocheted hearts around and brighten the day for others. Hx

~*~Patty S said...

Connections large or small certainly do add richness and interest to life.
Sweet heart story Tammy!
Happy March...looks like you are out and about making the most of it.
oxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Lovely to have a place to meet and greet and gift to others... so enjoy your photos and seeing your beautiful weather... enjoy! xo

Mereknits said...

You spread love everywhere you go Tammy. Hugs to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...